Here and There

Monday, December 04, 2006

Dancing Queen

On Saturday, we went to a wedding reception and there was dancing. Everytime I find myself at a wedding reception with dancing, a reception at which there are many dear Church Without Walls folk, because I feel so friendly with and at home with them, I tend to do the same thing. I watch first. I smile and am pleased to see the kids dancing, the excellent dancers dancing. I love to watch people dancing. Always smiling, turning, smiling, dipping side to side, smiling. It is really a heartwarming thing. Then, someone will pull me by the hand and I will find myself up there, with all the other dancing fools, dancing queens, tiny dancers. It is such fun. I dance for a couple songs and then I like to get back to my seat to watch and listen and if a slow song comes on, Gid will take me out for a spin.

Some favorite and least favorite reception tunes:
Hate it: Heard it Through the Grapevine
Love it: Dancing Queen
Hate it: Funky Town
Love it: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Hate it: Superfreak
Love it: Best of My Love
Hate it: Hot Stuff
Love it: Got to Be Real

No comments: