Here and There

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"The Orchids" by Califone

There is a song I've been listening to a lot lately. It is called "The Orchids". I've heard it quite a few times before, and I always knew it was pretty, but having it in my car and listening to it alone, in my morning way, when I drive to work and am thoughtful, was different and I realized how very pretty it is. This song is Pretty. There is no other word to describe it. It is kind of a song about sex, kind of a song about nature, it kind of just slips by and when it's over, I have to listen to it again. I must admit I am that way with songs. (see post about Mates of State and "Punchlines") But this song is lovely and abstract and totally mood enhancing. If you can find this song and listen to it, you should.

A lyric: When all the numbers swim together and all the shadows settle,
When doors forced open shut again
A flytrap and a petal.

"A flytrap and a petal"?! That's good!

1 comment:

pETE said...

Listen to it here:

http://www.myspace.com/califonemusic

But you might have to click on the one that says "the orchids". It doesn't hafta download or anything.