Here and There

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kate, at work

This is Kate, she looks good with green things around her because of her lovely eyes. Her post for daily creative work is on the arm of the beige couch, keeping watch for her one true love: a ginger colored cat she's crazy for.
In response to Bora's post on her blog about working spaces. I like to work in bed. When I used my laptop to write, I like sitting in bed. When I paint, like I did last night, I did it in bed. It is hard to balance a pint glass of grey blue water and a pan of paints and my pad of paper, but it is so very comfortable to sit in bed. I like to read in bed too. Another place I like to craft/paint is on a TV tray in the living room. When I lived up at the house, I had a cheap unfinished TV tray from IKEA that I painted on and made things on. I loved how little globs of glue and paint got on it and you could kind of see little bits of the different things I used it for.

As for the painting last night, it kind of started with a quiet water scene with the words "and He knows me" from Psalm 139. and kind of turned into a depiction of the last scenes in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis. It's not very good, but it pleased me.

No comments: