Here and There

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter's on its way!


I've been waiting for Easter for a long time it seems like. With all my dragging of the feet about Lent, it seems like it snuck up on me and here it is. I tried to memorize some scripture during Lent, which was helpful and gave some purpose to the season for me. But now here I am, and Easter is Sunday and aside from all the busy little things I have to do to get ready church-wise and dinner-wise, I am glad, glad, glad.



I am glad that Lilian kicks hard now.
I am glad that Book Club is alive and kicking too.
I am glad that I've planted things in the garden:
like lilacs from Jan, roses, sweet peas, scented geranium.
I am glad that strawberries have been on sale lately.

Simple glads, not complicated. But, I am so glad for Jesus and I am glad it is Easter soon.

Question: Can I, who cried when Gid asked if we had a calculator and I told him he had to use the one on the computer, get through the Good Friday service to get to Easter?

2 comments:

pdana said...

Maybe you'll "get through" Good Friday by crying. Seems like an appropriate response to a painful day.

Bora said...

I'm glad for Lilian and strawberries, too.