Here and There

Friday, July 13, 2007

"Nature is a language, can't you read?"

You'd think with all this extra time on my hands I would be posting more frequently, not less. But here I am, 4 weeks in to this in between time of much much less work and much much more free time before the baby comes and my days are disappearing without much to show for it.
I have watched a lot of I Love Lucy, and drank a lot of "50 cent" Vitamin Water. (This is the best beverage, Peter compares it to watered down grape koolaid and that is exactly what it tastes like.) I have done some organizing and cleaning and a lot of sitting on the couch, daydreaming.

But, this post wasn't going to be about that, it was going to be about The Smiths. I like the Smiths and sometimes, when listening I really appreciate a certain lyric, and then I forget it until the next time I go on a Smiths jag.

In times past the appreciation came for the lyric from the song "I Know It's Over": "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind. It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind." I thought that was so true.

This time, we were listening to "Ask" on a car trip and I had completely forgotten and was delighted to hear again the lyric: "Nature is a language, can't you read?" I loved that! I want to say to Morrissey affirmingly "Nature IS a language, I CAN read!"

No comments: