Here and There

Friday, June 13, 2008

Cuppa

When this cup is clean, and I can drink my coffee in it, things go easier for me in the morning. I have a very hard time waking up and there are few things that really please me at an early hour.
This cup is probably from a restaurant in Disneyland, maybe from the Disneyland hotel a LONG time ago. It's more of a tea cup size, and the stripes and initial D are golden. My mom brought it to me after finding it at my grandma's house (how did I leave there without this treasure?!) and I'm pretty sure that my grandma or maybe Helen swiped it from some Disney establishment. I'm so glad whoever swiped it did because I love it.
The cup is clean right now, I know that because I made sure it would be for Saturday morning. Once I read in Real Simple magazine about how to make your weekend more relaxing was to get ready for it instead of waiting for it. There was a list of things to do: Charge cell phone, make sure you have favorite clothes clean, (or in this case, favorite cup) be sure there is gas in the car, straighten the house...etc. What made sense was that it's easy to use the weekend to do stuff instead of relax, but if you can power through and get stuff done by Friday night, you sail through enjoying your clean jeans, fewer errands and have that lovely feeling of "I could do anything or go anywhere today". I didn't realize how much I agreed with that article until I realized today that I was getting ready for the weekend. I made sure my favorite pajamas had made it through both washer AND dryer and we had buttermilk for pancakes. Stuff like that. I don't get Real Simple magazine anymore, because it always seemed like it was written for somebody other than me. I rarely identified with it. But it's funny how sometimes something just sticks. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Doug said...

It's not just you. I heard in a song that everybodys working for the weekend.