Here and There

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Chihuly at the de Young

We saw Dale Chihuly's glass at the de Young on Friday night. We went with our friends M, A and little Viv. It was one of those exhibits that makes you excited to go in the next room and the next room...lots and lots of smiling. I loved it.

One of the best moments was when Viv looked at this huge hanging thing and said "Spaghetti."

The girls both loved the chandelier room, Lily also liked this one.

A charmed evening of dark rooms full of bright glass. Funny the two things that inspired me were so different: First, sitting by myself in front of the museum, waiting for my family to come back from the bathroom I was watching the cypress trees and the fog roll in and the gray evening come on. Then, walking through the black rooms reflecting the colors of glass, my eyes shining from it. They kind of combined to make this perfect little memory of the evening. Outside and Inside. Nature and Art.

1 comment:

marguerite said...

coz of your post, we went to see the chihuly exhibit yesterday. our girls loved viv's "spaghetti" comment. they think the babies at our church are SOOO cute!