Here and There

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Enjoying...

I got this book from my brother, I had been wishing for it for awhile, then I received it and now I am reading it! Just finished Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl for fun and The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende for book club. I don't think I've ever read this many books by female writers in a row before. I'm only about 50 pages into A Gift From the Sea, but it is very good. I am so enjoying Lindbergh's take on women, creativity, simplification and solitude. Some great stuff here. (Aside: I know that book titles are supposed to be underlined, just so you know, but for some reason blogger doesn't have an underline button. So I italicize.)


Thanks to cr!'s blog, I remembered Bob Dylan last week and have been listening to "It Ain't Me Babe." on repeat. When I baked a lemon cake for Lisa's shower, I listened to the greatest hits over and over again. How soothing it was! The saddest Bob Dylan songs soothe me.

No comments: