Here and There

Friday, January 16, 2009

It's been a long time...

I haven't been able to blog because our computer was sick for awhile--but now it is better and this will hopefully be the first of many posts in the next few weeks. It's good to be back!

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year, but I did set a little goal of getting a chicken or two for the backyard. I will have to see if this is cost effective and if it is too crazy to take care of a chicken or what, but I want one. And I want to name it Lucy, so P. Dana aptly suggested the breed should be "Rhode Island Red". I looked for images of RIRs and as I was looking at all the pictures of chickens I will admit, I was a little grossed out. They have beady eyes and some of them didn't have the full feather coverage that the proud girl above does. But that's reality, not all chickens are pretty.

No comments: