Here and There

Friday, February 06, 2009

Interesting


I was going to save this picture for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't wait. It's so smooth and pretty. You can imagine what those leaves feel like. Lily was curious and ripped one which was so embarrassing. But I understand how it was irresistible to touch them. I did, but I was more gentle.

I picked up Prodigal Summer for book club from the library and also picked up a copy of Blue Iris, a book of poems by Mary Oliver. I was driving to Pleasanton on a country road a few weeks back and heard her on City Arts and Lectures, which I never listen to by the way because it doesn't sound very friendly initially, but she was enchanting! So I wanted to read some more, and for myself.

I'll let you know how it is. Enjoying all the rain, drinking tea and eating animal crackers.

No comments: