Here and There

Monday, January 25, 2010

Pizza Night

In Animal Vegetable Miracle, Barbara Kingsolver talks a little bit about her family's pizza night. I think this is a brilliant idea for many reasons...everybody likes pizza, you can use up leftover veggies and bits of cheese and sauce, you don't have to think about what to make for dinner one night a week. As a fledgling menu-planner, I've embraced Pizza Night for now. I anticipate getting bored of pizza. Although I have eaten a Gordo burrito for dinner almost every Sunday night for the past 2 years.

Want a peek at my menu plan for this week?

Monday: Turkey Chili and baked potato, with sour cream and cheddar cheese
Tuesday: Roast Chicken, greens, mashed sweet potatoes
Wednesday: Black Bean Soup with Toasted Cumin Seed Crema
Thursday: Make dessert for dinner gathering. Thinking pie.
Friday: Pizza Night! Sometime I'll post my recipe for super easy pizza dough.

3 comments:

Leiflet said...

We've been eating the heck out of our new Moosewood Cookbook. It's been nice laying out the menu for the entire week, and we're not above pizza either. Though the idea of a weekly meal is nice, too. I'm trying to incorporate Saturday morning Waffles since i get up early. And a stir-fry night TBD. I am really really getting into stir-fry= Nature's Natural Leftover Solution (and reasonably healthy).

jillyg said...

my mom used the moosewood cookbook when we were growing up. i've borrowed it--specifically for a carrot soup, but it sure is a great book.

Leiflet said...

I made the stuffed zucchini from it last night. Really nice. However, we're getting back into the crock pot a bit more. It's hard to spend 1.5 hours cooking every night!