Here and There

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"There is no try, only do."

So far, during advent I have tried.  And failed.  I feel strung out and harried, exactly the opposite of my intended state for this season.  But it's because I tried so hard. 

I do not want to be the one who misses it, who walks right through the mystery. 

I have looked at Magnolia's eyes countless times and saw them, they are hazely green like Peter's.  Yesterday at the doctor he said, "Magnolia has all colors in her eyes.  Hazely green and blue on the edge."  I said "Yeah, uh huh."  And then when we got home I looked and saw that she has this cool outline of blue on her eyes.  That I had never seen before.  Oh, to have eyes to see and ears to hear!   So I don't waste so much time thinking I see and trying to listen.

No comments: