Here and There

Friday, January 21, 2011

Granola

This is one of those basic things that I've always wanted to make, but never have.  Until Tuesday.  I adapted Ellie Krieger's Nutty Granola and the main reason I made it was because there was no oil or butter.  I love granola with oil or butter, but I wanted to make a granola that I could eat all the time, not a special granola as a treat.  I think I will be making this regularly.  I loved making it--it was easy, way easier than I thought and it made the house smell good.

Basic Granola
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, bake at 300' for 30 minutes spread out on a sheet pan.

After it had baked for about 25 minutes I added 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries, 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots, 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.

3 comments:

Bora said...

I saw your facebook posting about granola and was about to ask for a favorite recipe. Thanks!

D said...

Sounds great! I'm going to try it too!

Tracy said...

Jill- I was just about to ask you for your recipe. I loved it!!!