Here and There

Monday, May 09, 2011

Camping

 At the beach at Montana de Oro State Park 

This past weekend we went on our first family camping trip.  We visited a state park near Morro Bay and then our dear friend Cristy Rose at a permaculture farm called Quail Springs.  I wish had taken photos of the animals and some other parts of the farm, but I did get a few that show a little of the place.  It is truly in the wilderness and I saw so many stars that night.  I wish that I had lingered looking at them so I could see a shooting star.  But I was just too tired.  So wonderful to be in nature so much, feels like I'm living out my new year's resolution.
 This is the kitchen in the common house. 

 Camping next to Dianita, Cristy Rose's camper home.
 Lily playing near the clay ovens.

 Inside the common house.
 Wildflowers.
 Such a foggy morning.  High desert is indeed such beautiful country.

 A glimpse of the well organized shelving in the kitchen.  I love kitchens and seeing other people's systems.

Through the kitchen to Lily eating the goat buttermilk with honey and Peter playing a bit of guitar.

No comments: