Here and There

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March

So far, this month has felt kind of sputtering...much how I felt the first week of February.  I got into a good groove after that first week off and my rest priorities were solid.  Now, I feel slightly unfocused and a little bit like time/opportunities for rest and reflection and prayer and writing are slipping through my fingers.  Today I sat with that feeling for 20 minutes and let my priorities fall around me, so that I could pick them back up one at a time in the order that seemed right for today.

Some Sabbatical things:

Poems about daffodils, storms, Lily, and gravity have been under construction.  I feel like the "Poetry" folder on my computer is like my little lab, with bubbling beakers of various colors and temperatures, needing tending as they transform.

Lenten reading and disciplines.

Yoga class.

Planning the trip to Lummi Island. 

Learning some stories of the saints from Godly Play.

Also, I miss my black and white tile floor too much and am plotting it's return.





No comments: